Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Breakfast art, religion amidst science, and a first snow for the Jura

Not only did I not cry over spilled blood orange juice,
I kinda liked it.
The book is an annual poetry review (with art and short fiction)
published from the Netherlands by my high school friend Megan Garr.
wordsinhere.comBetween the LHC building and its twin,
Vishnu dances the world through creation and destruction.
There are some heavy-handed words nearby
about vibrations, existence, and physics.
I like it anyway.

Doing my part for No-Shave November.
It's Geneva/CERN vs. Pasadena/CalTech this year.

I watched the last of this snow being deposited on the Jura.

These little mountains look much taller with their hats on for the winter.Sure makes for a pretty commute.
-Dr. S

2 comments:

F. said...

Nice to see a few pictures!!
Looking forward to seeing you, I guess on just a month.

Dr. S said...

It's gonna be great! Look, I'm so excited, I let myself use an exclamation point. I usually shun them; too unrestrained.