Saturday, September 15, 2007

A first breakfast in France

Took myself on a little walk around before buying groceries, with only the house's coffee in me. The weekly market--jeans section, fancy clothes section, pottery (special this week and next, I think), food trucks, fresh seafood, olives, wine, vegetables, fruits, pasteries, Vietnamese food--was closing down as I went through. That meant there was no need to pay for the nectarines, though I tried. (The guy kept saying, "C'est bon," so I guess he means "It's alright.")

Typical French countryside roundabout.
French roundabout by a park. Normally you have to yield when entering;
here you don't have the priority...
Le Parc a chez moi.

And then I was back, bought groceries next door (avoided conversation, but talked to myself in French), and made myself this:
Croissant and coffee, with creme fraiche in the eggs. OK, it was 14:30, afternoon already.
Not jet-lagged, just too hungry to think up a lunchy lunch.
Apres,
_jmsj

3 comments:

F. said...

I am sure that you can find better cheese than Vache-qui-rit... :-)
(Even if I have to admit, i like that stuff)

kumsval said...

why do i know that cheese too?

Dr. S said...

Laughing Cow cheese is international!