Friday, September 28, 2007

So this guy moves to the Rhone Valley...

The morning I moved to another continent

~

My trusty, much appreciated moving crew.
The cat had chosen the night before all this to go explore the neighborhood.
Lost Cat,
the poster would read,
Is he chillaxin' on top of your cat right now?
Then came the longest day of my recent life. Scant pictures, but lots of memories. By 8 or 9pm (the first time that day), I was walking through the airport parking lot with just this suitcase and this bicycle, all I brought with me to live. Everything I wouldn't be needing at CERN was stored away in the physics department.

Somewhere in here, I took a long flight sandwiched between two German business men: AutKoldPforDerNicht, and TossenzTurnzPfitpfullie. Otherwise they were nice, and I got a few minutes of sleep, even. It was 14h when we arrived, my advisor and I went to CERN to glad hand various characters, we dumped my stuff in my current temporary lodging (Ferney-Voltaire, France side of the border), and we stayed out with more than a dozen fellow collaborators drinking and eating. Just before 2am, I gratefully hit the sack.

New Place: voila.
Je suis crapped out.
~

Exploring the next day, the place is perfectly decent.

...not exactly my taste, but clean enough and spacious enough...




The French make scary stairs that eat you, then fence you out so you don't get eaten. Nice.

and the wildlife... I didn't know the Rhone Valley had marmosets who, according to this warning sign, will arrest you and make demands.
Watch out for marmosets.
_Dr. S

No comments: